Click this text to start editing. This block is a basic combination of a title and a paragraph. Use it to welcome visitors to your website, or explain a product or service without using an image. Try keeping the paragraph short and breaking off the text-only areas of your page to keep your website interesting to visitors.
Adult Weight Management Programs
Almost 65% of U.S. adults are overweight or obese. Many adults have struggled with overweight for much of their lives. Others have experienced “triggers” such as the birth of a child, working full time with less opportunity for exercise, or unresolved anger or grief.
Everyone has different life experiences. Exploring how your emotions interact with your behavior is fundamental to our counseling work together. Our adult weight management program addresses three basic principles:
Behavioral Chains to Overeating• Identifying cues that affect how and what you eat
Emotional Factors that Contribute to Overeating
• Impact of early modeling on our relationship to food
• The interplay between self-esteem and weight issues
• The role of depression or anxiety on your eating patterns
Learning the value of progressive forms of exercise
that encourage a life-long commitment to a healthy lifestyle and improved cardiovascular and musculoskeletal conditioning is a vital contribution to positive change. Our work together will focus on learning to exercise safely, teaching you the meaning of exercise progression, and integrating fitness into your life.
Since our professionals have been helping people lose weight and improve their physical fitness for their entire careers, you can be assured that the quality of our work with you meets the highest standards in our respective professions.
Adolescent Weight Management Programs
Teenagers are under tremendous pressure to fit in with their peer group. Girls are always judged by how they look, and boys are often judged by their athletic participation.
At PositiveChangeWeightLoss.com, we realize that being overweight can contribute to social withdrawal, depression, and a sense of hopelessness. Based on our years of experience, we have seen that adolescents are often looking for someone to talk to about these feelings without fear of judgment.
Our adolescent weight management program focuses on three main areas:
• Effect of social pressure to be thin
• Supporting self-esteem during the process of losing weight
• Assessment of potential for eating disorders
• How to change eating patterns but still hang out with friends
• Looking at what we eat and how fast food diets can be altered
• Developing substitute activities for eating, particularly when bored
Physical Fitness Patterns
• How to increase daily physical activity and monitor progress
• How to be a role model of fitness to your friends
• How to establish life-long patterns of a healthy balance between food intake and physical activity
We often underestimate the vast potential of adolescence. At PositiveChangeWeightLoss.com, we LOVE to work with teenagers. They often inspire us as much as we inspire them. Support your children to learn a new way to relate to their own body and self-image that will last a lifetime.
Family Weight Management Programs
It is not unusual for a lifetime of overweight challenges to begin in early childhood. It is striking that many studies have shown that the majority of parents with children who are statistically overweight do not view their children as having a weight problem. Unfortunately, the chances are strong that they are, indeed, developing weight-related problems that will plague them through adulthood.
At PositiveChangeWeightLoss.com, our goal is to help your family change basic patterns of eating and lack of family fitness.
Our family weight management program focuses on the following areas:
• How to focus on what kind of food your family eats, rather than how much they eat
• How to change your approach to supermarket purchases
• How to use the TV and computer as an ally to increase your family’s physical fitness
• How to avoid criticizing your children for being overweight or “lazy”
• Increase your awareness that overweight children can suffer from significant bullying and lack of peer group inclusion – and how to respond
• Improve your children's self-esteem by creating the opportunity for success in your family’s weight management efforts
• How parents can model a non-sedentary lifestyle
• Options for connecting with your children around physical activity
• Creating a system of accountability for improved eating patterns and fitness for the entire family
At PositiveChangeWeightLoss.com, the foundation of the family is primary to create positive changes for your children’s physical and emotional health. Kids don’t do the shopping, kids don’t set the rules, and kids don’t set the models of behavior that their parents show them.
Allow us to help you learn and change.
Click Here to Add a Title
Click this text to start editing. This block is great for showcasing a particular feature or aspect of your business. It could be a signature product, an image of your entire staff, an image or your physical location, etc. Double click the image to customize it.